Swivel bolt out - Now for the next question.......

Now that i have finally got the bolt, then exctractor, and the drill bit out from the whole i am left with a slightly larger hole then before.

I have two options.......

Use a larger bolt and re tap the thread to a larger size or use a helicoil and use a bolt the same size.....

What do the group think about using helicoils??

Mark

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Mark Solesbury tried to scribble ...

If there's room to cut a normal thread, and there's enough room for a larger bolt and nut etc, then that would be my preferred option. However, there's very little wrong with a Helicoil unit, providing it's done correctly .. ;)

Reply to
Digweed .. ;)

On or around Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:13:34 +0100, "Mark Solesbury" enlightened us thusly:

can you get a longer bolt in, and a nut on the other side of the flange, as per a post I made in another thread about this? get a decent high tensile bolt and nut of the original size. Optionally, weld the nut to the axle casing flange, after fitting it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles