OK I'm confused - Disco names !

OK initially there was the 200 TDI Discovery Then there was the 300 TDI Disco with the 'new look' front Then there was the TD5 Discovery Now I see talk about the '2004' disco

What is a 'series1' Disco and what is a 'series 2' disco ???

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Andrew Hi,

series 1 Discovery is devided in first generation from 1989 up to 1994 model years and second generation series 1 Discovery is 1994/1995 up to 1998 model years

Series 2 or TD5 Discovery is 1998 model year up to now.

Present model was revamped on the outside and inside as a 2003 model year.

"2004" Disco may be a totally new one or another revamp on the 2003.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

200Tdis and 300Tdis are both Series 1 Discos. The 300 has a facelifted dash and looks much less weird inside. But there were also V8is which ran concurrently with both 200 and 300tdis.

There are also V8 Series 2s of course, but the TD5 is much more common.

So, in summary,

89-94 Series 1 200Tdi / V8i (3.5l) Weird interior 94-98 Series 1 300Tdi / V8i (3.9l) Normal interior 98-02 Series 2 TD5 / V8i (4l) Normal interior 03 As above but with "New Range Rover" headlamps etc 04 All-new built on Ford Explorer platform!

David

Reply to
David French

04 Ditto but with extra standard features
Reply to
Llandrovers!

Whoops, sorry...

Reply to
David French

Did I hear somewhere that LR had dropped the Series 2 moniker just to confuse things? Or is this just for new models and it still applies to older variants ? Forgive the silly Q but my brain is not working thanks to a quantity of beer and a depressing rugby match in Marseilles.

Reply to
pl.white

If you are referring to the badge which said "Series II" and which used to be fixed to the rear door of such models, then yes - it disappeared with the

2003 MY!
Reply to
Llandrovers!