td5 alternator

Got my td5 disco muddy today and after going through 3' of water the alternator light now stays on can this be fixed or am I going to have to buy a new one

Reply to
Gary

Hi Gary Thats a difficult one, think your self lucky you are close to civilisation. A similar thing happened to me about 6 years ago with a brand new Tdi 300 Defender with only 6000km, but I hadn't been through 3' of water only about 12 inches of salty slime on the edge of a salt lake 700km from the nearest garage and we needed a new alternator.

If you vehicle is a TD5 with low mileage say nothing and claim it on your warranty. Landrovers are supposed to be the Ultimate off road vehicle, which is how they are marketed so if you warranty try to use it.

Regards

Gordon.

PS Landrover assist paid for m> Got my td5 disco muddy today and after going through 3' of water the

Reply to
Gordon