Tdi oil pressure

A question for the ones with oil pressure gauges.

I have a ninety fitted with a 200Tdi, runs very well. Doesnt use any oil or water, although is of an unknown mileage.

However, when on a long journey, over 20 miles say and especially when towing the oil pressure drops to around 35psi (at say 40mph in 4th gear). Can anyone tell me whether this is a low oil pressure for this engine and the conditions?

Has anyone got an oil pressure gauge fitted to their Tdi?

The gauge has been in a while so it may be faulty (although it is a capillary one).

Any ideas gratefully recieved.

Cheers

Dave

Reply to