temp. sensor

In my ever ending quest as to find out what is wrong with my engine one of the things I checked today was the coolant temp. thermistor. Does anybody know the 'cold' resistance of this? Its a 1995 3.9i Discovery. The reason I checked this as there is a flat spot/hesitation when the engine is cold. Its ok when warm. Thanks Richard

Reply to
Richard

Hi Richard,

I too have spend time 'sortin' an erratic running 3.9 with patient methodical work it can be done amongst other things, the coolant sensor had gone as well. Mine now runs faultlessly, very smooth hot col, hi & low load. (kiss of death as I break don on the m6 tomorrow).

here are the readings you are after... Note, that these sensors can work fine at some temps and fail at others so a full range check is advisable

deg,minohms,maxohms

-10,9100,9300

0,5700,5900 20,2400,2600 40,1100,1300 60,500,700 80,300,400 100,150,200

what are the symptoms precisely?

tom

Reply to
Tom

Thanks for that, I'll have a check asap. Running on petrol from cold put foot on throttle and almost immediatly is a dead spot/hesitation. you can drive through it but it nots pleasant. also if you hold it in the flat spot it struggles to keep running. I was reading in the manual that the coolant temp sensor holds the injectors open a bit longer when cold so I thought this would be a good place to start. Once the engine is warm its fine. Richard

Reply to
Richard