That sinking feeling

The last couple of days I've been parking my D2 in a different place to normal, half on and half off a kerb in a narrow street. Each time I've come back to it, the rear of the car has 'sat down' with the tyres almost touching the wheelarches at the back. When I've come home and parked it in its 'normal' place, on the level, this hasn't happened.

Whats the problem here? Is it just coincidence its only happened when the car has been parked slightly on the slant? Its an '01 ES, by the way :o)

Reply to
nullified

When you switch off and leave the car, the suspension will try to adjust iself to a level attitude. If I parked mine with one wheel on a hump in my drive, it would spend several minutes grunting and groaning until it had had enough and went to sleep. As it has no power from the pump as the engine is not runing, all it can do is let a corner down until it is approximately level. I'm sure that is what is happening in your case.

Reply to
Rich B

"Rich B" wrote.......

A good description that. Made me laugh, I could just imagine it, that IS what they do. :-)

Martin

Reply to
Oily

The first time, I thought the cows from the neighbouring fields had got in - seriously. It made me rather fond of the Disco. Like it was getting itself ready for a snooze, like the dog turning round and round in his bed. I sometimes wondered what anyone passing by would have thought. "Hey mister, your car's alive!"

Reply to
Rich B

Mine just goes phisssssssssss but then it is more or less on a fl= at area (just a little down on the near side). I shall have to find a 2 or =

3" high rock to park a rear wheel on and see what it does, this grunting an= d groaning sounds like fun.

The other possibilty is that a tiny hole in one of the air springs is exposed due to the funny attitude and the air gets out. I hope it's not =

that, you don't get much change from =A3150/spring. B-(

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Bear in mind it could just just be crap - it did let me down big time in France earlier this year, after all.

Reply to
Rich B

Parked it in the same place yesterday and it didn't do it, today neither. I'll hope it was just bored, but if it comes back I'll have to take a deep breath and drop it in to LR to have a butchers. Thanks to you and the others who replied

Reply to
nullified

Perhaps it slept better last night and didn't need the kip.

Reply to
Rich B