the rebuild stalled

As you may know where tools are concerned I am a bit of a magpie so putting new valve guide seals on presents me with no worries ( so I thought - I did Kato's just after I bought him ) however I underestimated the cruelty of the designers.The rocker chest on the 300tdi is just a touch deeper and my big professional "kill kill kill" grade spring compressor fouls the sides before the collets come free to be fair its never failed on V8s sixes and big fours over many years so I can't really complain. I guess its down the tool shop time anybody got a model they have used on a 300 Tdi I reckon

looks about right provided the castle is about 2inches deep from the horizontal bar but my local MM have sold their last one so it might come down to a spot of fabrication.Derek Disco 200Tdi 'Kato' Disco 300Tdi 'Miles'

Reply to
Derek

Ive just helped a neighbour rebuild his k-series engine and my spring compressor did the same as you described. So we got and old box spanner and cut a big window in the side of it to fit, it worked perfectly. Richard

Reply to
Richard