Green Laning.

Just got back from a couple of hours laning the local area. Phew, corking time, some of the river Don has flooded and most of the area we live on is it's flood plain so the ground, and many of the little used tracks, are very water-logged. Some places were definitely dodgy to go through as a single vehicle without a winch 'specially as it's my break and I'm back at work at 2:30pm, so many tracks I either turned round and came back or reversed out of after a short while. BFG AT's are damn fine tyres, but I really need some cheap big mud-pluggers to do most of these lanes, I think ... or a mate to come along too. ;) (Me = Billy No 4x4 Mates locally)

You certainly get a different perspective on river life when you're driving along the road and through the river at the same time .. Fordstead Lane flooded to about 2' deep, an '06 reg merc in it up to the door tops ... ;) Didn't take a camera with me unfortunately, and forgot my phone has one, Doh!

Any road up ... does anyone have, suitable for my Disco 300Tdi '96/'97 model year, a removable towbar, or combined tank guard/towbar a-la Southdowns that they don't want or would like to selll cheaply? I feel a need to stop dragging a plough (towbar) off-road, but don't have any money to throw at it.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Paul, if you ever fancy daytime laning drop me a line, usually around and up for it :-)

Reply to
Andy

Me too!

Reply to
Nige

North East Peak District sounds like a practical alternative to work to me. How about Feb Half term?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Yes please :-)

I'm free Mon11th and Tue 12th

Reply to
Andy

Lee_D wibbled

Sounds good, 'cept I work harder at school holiday time than I do normally, I'm a caretaker for two schools. I have some holiday days left thobut ... ;)

I'll have a looksee for routes and post a couple in a day or two like I did when Nige, Mark and I went out recently. Unless, of course, someone already knows the area and fancies drawing some routes up, or happens to have some routes lying around.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Sounds good to me!

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with no floor - its being fixed at last! 200 TDi Disco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs