To glue or not to glue?

While bleeding the fuel system after carelessly running out of diesel (another story!) I managed to break off the nut-like piece off the bleed valve on the fuel injector pump. I noticed that it wasn't a rough shear as the surface of both the piece that came off and the body of the pump are smooth machined surfaces. The question I have is how to get it stuck back on? It guess it must have been chemically bonded originally so I was hoping to just glue it back on but don't know if this is wise nor what product or method to use. Anybody out there with any advice?

Thanks,

JonnyB

1978 Series III SWB (with 2.5D NA diesel)
Reply to
Jonathan Bryning