TomTom - now resolved (I hope)

Regular readers may remember I was whinging on about my 3-failures-in- a-year TomTom GO700 a while back. It was returned (repaired) for the third time, and first time out it failed again, firstly switching itself off and then refusing to turn on at all - all while the maximum distance from home. I got the postal address of head office in the Netherlands and wrote them two letters - a long and detailed letter, a well-crafted mixture of 50% white-faced anger and 50% utter despair and, when they didn't reply after a month, another, even worse. I eventually had a call from the Netherlands witrh mucho apologies and the news that a brand-new, top-of-the-range GO720 was in the post.

It arrived two days later and seems to be working well. It's the same position in the model range as the 700, but funnily enough this one has a solid state memory and not a mini-HDD.

So, it pays to be persistent.

-- Rich B

Reply to
Rich B

They appear to have a feature that allows you to correct the map and share the corrections too, which could be rather useful, although I suspect it'll be limited in order to help verify modifications, i.e. no drawing in green lanes! Let us know if you spot that one.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

As suspected, can't change geometry but can change quite a few things.

Ian Rawlings

In news: snipped-for-privacy@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com, Rich B wibbled :

Persistant as in as a newt?

Reply to