Tong Off Road Weekend

Aug 23/24th, 2 days of great off-roading + camping and BBQ etc on Sat night.

I will be there all weekend :-)

Reply to
Andy

hehe - room for a big f*ck off caravan?

Reply to
Nige

Plenty, thinking of getting the Rangie muddy then???

Reply to
Andy

Any spaces left ? Sounds like it'd be fun.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Plenty, see here

I'm not camping as I live locally but will be Marshalling the off-road site on Sat/Sun ;-)

Reply to
Andy

On or around Sat, 16 Aug 2008 18:59:07 +0100, "Andy" enlightened us thusly:

Where's Tong?

Mind, I think there's loads of stuff on that weekend.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Bradford West Yorks. :-(

Reply to
Steve Taylor

On or around Sun, 17 Aug 2008 09:15:30 +0100, Steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

rather a long way, then at about 12mpg, even if the gas is half the price of petrol.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

It's a superb site Austin.

Reply to
Nige

Well worth a visit, no matter how far away you are. My petrol Rangie used to get 21 mpg on a good run and you won't use much on site all day at slowish speeds. I've been loads of times but getting a bit old for it now :-(

Martin

Reply to
Oily

On or around Sun, 17 Aug 2008 12:45:41 +0100, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

Bad time of year, too. I don't work in August, but that means I don't get paid in September, and I have to work in September and buy diesel.

The current mileage on gas is just under 12, admittedly, without trying to be economical and mostly on shortish runs and uneconomical roads, and for that matter not trying to be economical either. However, I doubt it'd do a lot better with the 'van behind it.

I daresay on petrol it does a bit more, I can't afford to fill the tank to find out...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

My '83 RR Fleetline manual returned well over 20mpg with a 2 berth on the back during a Welsh run. My figures were around 25 mpg specific to the run it's self and not the pootling around during the holiday. Typical bumbling around town returned 14mpg. All on good old petrol. :-) I have to say if the cost of fuel resticted my activities to such a degree then I'd have to think carefully about getting something much more economical. It doesn't help living in the middle of the wilderness I guess, thats the price you pay for that extra space :-(

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Sun, 17 Aug 2008 13:35:41 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

that and not having a "proper" job. I bet you get a good bit more dosh per month than I do in return for doing a good bit more hours. Which is not to say that I'd want it otherwise, mind - well, I wouldn't mind the "more dosh" bit, of course.

But the plain fact is that it's a long way. It's like you coming down to this part of the world, sort of thing. This is why I was hoping for an unofficial in the midlands area - it'd be more accessible to the southern and western contingents.

There's also the fact that I have several other things on that weekend.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

So will we !! Rebecca says that there is a stream running down the camping field mind.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

So, you going too Nige ?

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Sounds great!

;-)

Reply to
Lee_D

Dammit and I've finally sold the boat :-) the weather forecast is looking pretty good for the weekend as well ooh Tong Safari

Derek

Ooops!

Reply to
GbH

So, you coming swimming then ?

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Sadly not, the 110 needs some play time as do I.

Unfortunately work has other ideas and has yet to grasp the concept of a social life. On the bright side the Monday will be double bubble, which is great as I will get to pay twice as many bills as normal :-) In fact it's just been spent on Laguna springs, spring compressors, anti roll bar links and a now missing wheel trim. :-( Hey ho.. easy come easy go and all that.

On the bright side the RR sailed through it's MOT at the main dealers... Hey!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D