Totally OT -advice on digital camera purchase

Don't know what these are like but they are near me

George Spigot

Just bought an Epson R300 takes memory cards and prints from them. Plugs directly into the camera (Cannon Ixus i nice little compact camera) and prints pictures without a computer + works as a card reader too

Reply to
George Spigot

Useless.

Mandy almost didn't get her Chrimbo present last year, as they 'lost' the order. Couldn't guarantee stock, so on 23rd December at 1pm I ordered one from Pixmania. It arrived at 10.30am on Christmas Eve, having been despatched from Paris. Bloody excellent and cheaper than the high street.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

. good to know I suppose but as they are less than 8 mile from me I'd go and pick it up. I was gonna buy a optio s but when I wanted one they had sold out. So bought a Cannon Ixus i at a bargain price of £125 from elsewhere (wanted a tiny camera) Memory cards dirt cheap now 1gig sd £57 :O( paid £62 for 512 b4 I went on holliday a couple of months ago.

Reply to
George Spigot

in article snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, George Spigot at snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote on 30/10/04 6:49 pm:

Same printer that I've got.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Tim Hobbs at snipped-for-privacy@101ambulance-urine.net wrote on 30/10/04 7:02 pm:

I checked and that's where we got the camcorder from. At the time I was after a Canon 650mvi and had been let down by a company over here, who were waiting for stock. Ordered the camera in the morning and had it the following afternoon - also from Paris. Arrived just in time for Isaacs birthday and for us to take to the Land Rover Show at Peterborough.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

in article snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, George Spigot at snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote on 30/10/04 7:13 pm:

I don't think I want anything that's small enough for me or Bruce to put in a pocket - Bruce has already trashed the main screen on a Samsung V200. He kneeled on it when he was changing a slow punture on the Lightweight. Its also got to be the most expensive Samsung screen to replace -cheapest I found has been £80.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

The good bit is that you can watch the parcel's progress through the various DHL depots, so you know it's coming and roughly when.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Knowing bugrall about cameras and photography, my two pennuth on the question....

Just bought a Sony DSC W1 plus a 256K additional memory from

. I'm happy to endorse recommendations for that company, whose prices came out considerably less than any other I could find. They're based in Guernsey so delivery took a day or two longer, but I'm thoroughly pleased with both them and the camera. It's handy, quick and easy to use, gives brilliant results and does everything I wanted of a digi camera.

Probably just the same as several dozen alternatives in the price-range I s'pose :)

Brian

Reply to
Brian Varrall

in article aK3hd.200$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net, Brian Varrall at snipped-for-privacy@varrall.net wrote on 31/10/04 11:09 am:

I expect so. I've still not decided either.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley