toyota engines rule africa

How do I put a Toyota 12H-T engine in a 110 Defender?

Reply to
bud

bumble101

Crankshaft pully to the front.

David

Reply to
rads

why not go for the 2.8L HS powerstroke from international. no modifications what so ever and with a 30% increase in torque and 20% more powerfull than the TDi 300. apparently out performs the td5 too.

Reply to
gdn57

ROTFL

Reply to
aghasee

On or around 21 Sep 2006 01:15:26 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com enlightened us thusly:

probably mainly 'cos they cost more than the vehicle.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

If you were really keen you could attempt to do it saab style and put the pulley at the back.. now that would be an achievement in a defender! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Buy a Sanata PS-10. It comes with the Iveco 2.8 anyway.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

If you really want Toyota power I'd suggest looking at a 14B-T or a

1KZTE instead - similar power output but being 4 cylinders will be significantly easier to make fit.
Reply to
EMB

On or around Fri, 22 Sep 2006 00:09:56 +0100, Alex enlightened us thusly:

But they don't supply the decent spec one... having said that, I've not actually asked if they could - if I were Santana I'd offer both engine tunes with a price premium on the higher one. I bet it'd sell.

Ooh, I see on Iveco's site they have a new 3-litre engine for the Daily, which is either 136 or 166 hp, with 340 or 380Nm of torque. 250 and 280 lb ft if my calculations are correct.

Wonder if they'll get into the Santana?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

bud uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I dunno but If you'd like to borrow Tony or Gordon to do some ruling over there for a while your welcome to a free transfer.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Yeah we could do with a few of the current African statesmen here, their corruption levels are lower ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I want Toyota power...not Isuzu, LR, Iveco. For the same power 6 pot is better balanced and more relaxed. Engineering the fit is less about structural mods but airflow and cooling.Figure a bonnet-top fan is one option. Not familiar with the 2 engines you mention, are they non-electronic, mechanical pump? Is it a rotary pump? Does it mate to a J6/8(?) auto box? Are they still in production? bhp/rpm? The Crusier community is giving me some helpful feedback on the 12H-T and complimenting the transplant to a Defender evensuggesting a Salisbury FRONT diff as used by some HM Forces XD Wolf. P'raps with alittle more focus we can work this up a bit...? Bud

Reply to
bud

The 1KZTE (and the non-electronic 1KZT) are 4 cylinder, 3.0l turbo engines making around 130BHP/250lbf compared to the 12HT's

135BHP/235lbf. You could source one complete with transmission (either manual or auto) from a Surf, 4Runner or Prado. They aren't overly hard to keep cool (there's sod all airflow when they are used in Hiace vans) so a decent radiator (either the stock Toyota one or a LR one recored with an extra row of tubes) should be up to the job.
Reply to
EMB