Turbo squeel

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:16:11 +0000, Austin Shackles scribbled the following nonsense:

found it ages ago when we had the big discussion about Deltics last year, have one engine sound downloaded as an mp3, and quite often play it through the Interactive Whiteboard, seems to shut the kids up! The Deltic and one other large engine send a strange feeling through me when I hear them. t'other engine existed before WW2, but was produced in huge numbers during it. Living in Lincolnshire I quite often hear

6 of them coming at us!
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

When I was a wee bit younger (and significantly more stupid with my money) I owned a Group A spec Sierra Cosworth. Bloody popping, banging, squealing, screaming roller skate on steroids - as you say a sound of their own, and probably the most "fun" vehicle I have ever owned.

Reply to
EMB

...and Austin Shackles spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Thanks Austin - that wasted a whole hour when I should have been working.

- first "play" button. I have often travelled from that very station (York). The sounds brought LOADS of memories to the backs of my eyes, which went all watery as a result. And I'm not even a train fan.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Ive got a Saab 99 turbo and the turbo on that has a very satisfying whistle to it :)

Definately!

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Thu, 26 Jan 2006 19:51:25 +0000 (UTC), Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

not the same thing but a lovely demonstration of doppler effect:

Austin Shackles

In message , Graham Carter writes

Possibly an air leak. Mine (200 Tdi) turned out to be a split hose, cunningly concealing itself on the underside were it couldn't be seen.

Reply to
hugh