tyre size question

I know that there has been a lot of posts regarding similar type questions, but I was wondering if I can get someone to help me make the right choice. The DILEMA: I'm wanting to ditch the General Grabbers (235/85R16) on my Defender(2003 110) which are laced onto alloy BOOST rims, and I want to fit a set of Wrangler MT/R 265/75R16 instead. The QUESTION: Has anyone done such a swap over on the standard BOOST rims (regarding that particular tyre size) and can the spare wheel be offset so the door wiper can still work.? Thx in advance, I'm from Melbourne Oz and it's a little tough to get specific answers down here from people in the "game", country is saturated by shiny moulded plastic Jap toys here.........................

Reply to
Blocko'

Land Rover used to fit 265/75R16 tyres to the Defender 90 on 16x7 alloys. They never offered this option for 110 and 130 vehicles; I do not know why and don't see why they shouldn't fit (though the steering stops will need adjusting and this will impact slightly on the turning circle) but check the technical spec for weight ratings.

The larger wheel/tyre combo will still fit on the standard rear door mounting.

Hope this helps, Sport.

Reply to
David Willerton