Odd Tyre Size

I'm looking for new tyres for my Daihatsu van. The tyres show 155 R 12

Why is there only 2 numbers on the tyre?

Two numbers won't work with the online sellers which ask for width, profile and tyre size.

TIA tox

Reply to
Your Worst Nightmare

Because 80 is the default profile for a raod tyre, 155/80r12

Reply to
Duncan Wood

It's not a low profile tyre. Enter 80 or higher in as the profile.

Reply to
Conor

"Your Worst Nightmare" wrote in message news:MNi%i.37731$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net...

You need van tyres, not car tyres. Your tyres are 155 R 12 C-8PR This is not the same as a 155/80-12 as it is a van tyre with much stiffer walls and higher number of plies, which is what you need.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks for that, you're quite right, there is a "C" after the numbers.

Regards tox

Reply to
Your Worst Nightmare

Would it matter so much? After all, a sooty van can't carry a lot.

Reply to
Conor

Having had one of those on trial with a fridge on the back, I can fully understand why you'd want stiffer sidewalls....

Reply to
SteveH

Don't try stuffing it into another object with the wrong tyres on...

Reply to
DervMan

I would guess that what you're really interested in is the load rating of which 8PR doesn't actually tell you anything specific in that context.

Reply to
adder1969

155/12 GT Maxmiler 8ply 88R cost £16.50 155/80/12 car tyre 77T cost £10.50
Reply to
Fred