cavalier tyre size

I am in Norway, and I need to know what size tyres a K reg 1.8 Cavalier hatchback would take. Can anyone tell me? Thanks, Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O

Mike O ( snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Same as a '92 Ascona.

Rough guess, somewhere around 185/65 14.

Do I take it the car isn't parked outside your window?

Reply to
Adrian

or Opel Vectra

Reply to
Angus McCoatup

Probly more like 165.

Reply to
adder1969

195/60 HR14 on H/J reg 1.8s. Is there some reason why you cannot read the markings on the current tyres ?
Reply to
John Laird

Mine was 195/60 r14 on alloys, N reg 1.8i

Reply to
R. Murphy

Cos he's in Norway?

Reply to
PM

PM (pmunro@cq_NO_systems_SPAM_.com.invalid) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Do the Norwegians have a law forbidding even temporary import of aging Vauxhalls, then?

Will he be posting the tyres to the car in a different country?

Reply to
Adrian

Well I wasn't sure what conclusion to draw from that snippet of information, to be honest. I'd still go by what is stamped on the existing tyres - you never know if someone has replaced the wheels and fitted something slightly non-standard. The ones I quoted were factory fit, but (like most cars) I'm sure the manual listed a couple of alternatives.

Reply to
John Laird

No, but it's a hell of a bother to import a car just to check the tyre size :-)

Dunno, but the thread started with "I am in Norway" which would imply that this has some importance in the scheme of things. We may never know.

Reply to
PM