tyre wear...

on the 110.

it's suddenly (ish) taken to edging the insides of the front tyres.

checked the tracking (OK) and checked the wheel bearings (very slight play, tightened...) and steering swivels (no play)

any other thoughts?

I've blown 'em up a bit more, to see if that makes a difference.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Welsh roads and air pressure being incorrect are two things that spring to mind.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Sat, 5 Jul 2003 17:52:38 +0100, "Lee_D"

enlightened us thusly:

well, yeah, but it never used to do this. and it was more the inside edge than the outside. I'll wait and see what an extra psi or 4 does.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

What tyres and what pressures?

Reply to
Exit

Sounds like the tracking - you say it's ok but is it really? Maybe the gauge is faulty or maybe it needs slightly different to what is reccomended.

Reply to
vince

"Lee_D"

Have a read of this...

G. Fowler

On or around Sat, 05 Jul 2003 17:33:32 GMT, "Exit" enlightened us thusly:

Nankang Wild Conks, 31/10.5R15, was running at about 29-30, now upped to about 34. It'll save fuel, if nothing else.

Previously, ran Pirelli Scorpion AT, at about 32-33, but they wore a bit fast in the middle, implying that they were slightly over-pressure.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 5 Jul 2003 22:13:31 +0100, "vince" enlightened us thusly:

Gauge is a high-tech stick. (seriously... it's an official tracking gauge, but functionally, it's a stick) And the tracking is as near parallel as I can get it, which worked fine on the previous set of tyres.

Will keep an eye on 'em. I'd deliberately not blown 'em up as hard as the previous set, which showed signs of slight over-inflation - may be that I over-compensated. under-inflation will, of course, wear tyres on the edges.

The wear caused would have to be a fairly serious tracking error, bearing in mind that the tyres have only done about 2500 miles.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Is your tyre pressure gauge accurate?

They can be a bit unreliable, over time.

Reply to
David G. Bell

On or around Sun, 06 Jul 2003 10:45:15 +0100 (BST), snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.demon.co.uk ("David G. Bell") enlightened us thusly:

this one was the posh one at the garage... Mine isn't very accurate, but I've an idea what the error is.

Reply to
Austin Shackles