V8 camshaft (for Badger)

Badger, In a previous thread you recommended the Real Steel Viper Cyclone cam. I have just received their catalogue but can only see the following: standard, viper hurricane, viper 'stump puller' and viper typhoon plus a few others. Cant see the the cyclone one, is the hurricane cam any good? Thanks Richard

Reply to
Richard

The Cyclone is a new cam, they haven't reprinted the catalogue yet! It's part number is DW252, cost is £127.39, tested torque figures were 253 lbf.ft at 3500rpm and 256.7 lbf.ft at 4000rpm. BHP should increase by roughly 20-25, all figures for 3.9 engines, quoted direct by Real Steel. Bear in mind, this cam is for EFI only, recommended use is for 3.9 and larger. It's a very similar cam to RiPoffInternational's RP4. The Hurricane is a good cam, but will give more bhp at high rpm's - at the expense of low rpm torque. Great if going from a 3.5 to a 4.6 conversion, but not much use in a landy if not increasing the capacity to keep the bottom end torque up. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

I will be putting it in a 3.9i Discovery (auto) that most of the runs on lpg. I would prefer more low down torque than outright power. Is the cyclone suitable for autos ? Thanks Richard

Reply to
Richard

Badger Hi,

I just e-mailed RealSteel asking for their composite headgaskets sets and their products catalogue and pricelist.

I told them that you have recommended them to me.

Would it be possible to also send me an e-mail with your phone and e-mail address. I am always looking for people who know the LR/RR V8 engines well and hope we can promote and mutually beneficial way of cooperation.

Take care Pantelis Giamarellos LR CLUB OF GREECE

conversion,

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

On or around Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:50:28 +0000 (UTC), "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

I guess the "stump puller" will be the one for low-end torque. Judging only by its name.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Actually, the 3.9 hillrally racer we fitted one to got the biggest increase in the upper mid with the stump-puller, but then it was rear engined and running stage 2 heads, "bunch o' bananas" exhausts and a DTA Race management system for both fuel and ignition, with some serious ignition advance in the mid range. We tried it dialled in at +2, and 0 in the end I think. That engine's now in its 6th season of competitive use, with no known issues. Badger. Badger.

Reply to
Badger