fitting a wheel carrier

Help... I bought a Bearmach swing-away wheel carrier from those nice people at Paddocks and its turned up without any fitting instructions.

Do they exist? Or am I *such* a clueless gimp that everyone else can just figure it out?

Paddocks have gone home for the day and I was planning on fitting it this weekend (to my 1995 300tdi 90)

does anyone have any pictures they point me at, some instructions they can scan and mail me or fax me or even just tell me to give up and pay someone to do it...

would owe beer....

ta v. much for any help

mike (email mike.taylor {at} rowing.org.uk fax 0870 7877 399 )

Reply to
Mike T

Twas Fri, 16 Apr 2004 20:01:38 +0100 when "Mike T" put finger to keyboard producing:

I just put my spare on the bonnet..

if no-one comes up with anything better I'd go and hold it up against the back of your LR and I'd expect the mounting holes to match holes or even bolts already in place, at least on the crossmember. the top of it probably needs holes drilled through the galvenised (or not) cap on the body tub.

once those bits are mounted you could swing it closed against a closed door and see where the other end needs to go.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Mr.Nice. wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Does anyone know how the wheel is fixed to the side as per MOD vehicles? I have been thinking of putting mine there. From a casual examination it would not seem to interfere with the view from the mirror too much. The alternative (for me) is inside the rear, attached to the rear bulkhead. A rear wheel carrier would be nice but my bank manager can't afford one.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Twas 17 Apr 2004 13:04:58 GMT when Derry Argue put finger to keyboard producing:

Bracket from one of the roll-bar arms.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Wasn't there one of those 'military mess up again with kit' stories out about these a while back, where it took two squaddies to get the spare off because of the way it was attached. This meant that if you got a flat, and were on your own, you faced a long walk home unless someone stopped to help (possibly a new way of keeping the army fit?)

Detrious