Vacuum in fuel tank

Hi all

I have recently put a new (landrover) locking filler cap on my 300tdi, there is now a serious vacuum when i remove the filler to fill up with fuel, should this be? and is this effecting performance?

Regards

Reply to
Carol Green

Can't remember which or whiat the part numbers are but there are caps with and caps without breather holes... I am guessing you have got without and could do with one with a hole... Drill a tiny hole in the cap??

David

David_LLAMA4x4