Vaguely OT but close to many hearts here - LPG conversions

I've just had a couple of places draw breath when asked for a price for an LPG conversion for my LS400.

Is there any particular reason why an LPG conversion for an early 90s Japanese V8 would cost so much more (£2000-2500) than the same conversion for any mark of Discovery?

It's a V8.

It's got electronic fuel injection

So?

Any ideas anyone, or failing that pointers at trusted LPG installers who will deal with saloons?

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

On or around Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:57:37 +0100, "Paul S. Brown" enlightened us thusly:

has it got plastic inlet manifold(s), which pretty much means you need SGI on it?

If not, then I don't see why you can't, with suitable protection for the expensive bits in the inlet tract, fit a closed loop single point.

Reply to
Austin Shackles