Veggie fuel..

Extracts below;

-------------------- Starving lambs to be slaughtered

Plans to slaughter and dispose of a quarter of a million lambs caught up in the foot-and-mouth crisis have been announced by the Scottish Government.

Some carcasses will be used for biodiesel and the remainder will be incinerated.

--------------------

First I've heard of biodiesel containing essence of corpse!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Never heard of dino-diesel?

Reply to
Rich B

In this case it's *bio* diesel and the corpse it contains hasn't been marinating at high pressure underground for millions of years like fossil fuel. It's the use of recently deceased animals to make biodiesel that I've never heard of before.

Soylent green is people!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Since one can process veg oil and fats to bioD by transesterification, I suppose it must follow that you can do something with the rest of it too. I wonder if the muscle tissues get converted, or they just render the carcasses for fat ?

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Mint Sauce to clean the injectors after?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Aye, me too. I just had a laugh in my head at the thought of traditional diesel being mae of dinosaur steaks.

Cracking film!

Reply to
Rich B

The book was better, as always.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Wed, 10 Oct 2007 18:09:07 +0100, "Rich B" enlightened us thusly:

ain't it just. They showed it a bit back on TCM before you had to pay for it... I assume the evil murdoch sucked it into his empire or something.

Reply to
Austin Shackles