Wandering RRC - Thanks EMB, Austin Shackles

Hi Guys,

I replaced the front springs with the original (blue) springs this weekend. It makes quite a difference! I took it for a little drive around the suburbs and then onto the motorway and I must say that I feel a lot safer than before. It corners predictably and smoothly.

The heavy duty springs I took out were green. They lifted the front of the vehicle by 4 - 5 cm.

I bought a kit which had red/white springs for the rear, green for the front and a complete set of rubber bushes. Will have a word with the supplier and see if he has had problems before.

Thanks for your advice Paul

Reply to
Bob

On or around Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:04:22 +0200, Bob enlightened us thusly:

don't be put off by bullshit. If the supplier knew what vehicle, then he should have known that you were going to get lift, and when I did the disco (now sold) which only went part-way, using the lower of the 2 HD front spring options for about 1" lift, it made a detectable difference to the handling. It's a well-documented problem if you start lifting 2" or more.

I forget which front springs I had. They were the lower of 2 HD diesel fronts. The ones I put on the back were HD90 rear, and they needed 1" spacers to get it to sit level - less of a problem with RRCs as the RRC rear springs are softer anyway, I think. The disco rear springs are about the stiffest of the bunch anyway from the research I did, and bearing in mind that 110 rear springs don't fit. HD90 looked slightly stiffer but the same height.

On mine, the overall effect was excellent - less body roll, much tighter handling on the road and about an inch lift, which was near enough what I was after :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

No problem - glad to have helped.

Reply to