wanted defender

wanted , good solid defender station wagon , for back and forth work 6 miles and for fun

max price 1000

Reply to
andrew and claire

Not for a grand your not. Your looking at least 4-5

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Blimey! If you get one for that price in good nick can you get me one!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Thats classic Range Rover money, not Defender.

Reply to
rads

I've got a great one for £7-8000...

On the other hand, maybe not ;-)

Good luck!

Reply to
DNS

On or around Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:10:02 GMT, rads enlightened us thusly:

and a half-shagged one at that.

decent defenders, especially 110 CSW, hold their value like few other vehicles.

Unless you specially want one, then discos are the best bet for bang-for-buck in the medium-age secondhand market at the moment. V8 RRCs are cheap if old, but you need to be converting 'em and you need the mechanical know-how to keep 'em on the road, really.

D90s are more likely to be cheap, especially truck cabs or vans, and non-TDI.

There's a good deal of merit though in looking for a decent tax-exempt series IIA or III... very easy motors to work on and if you're not doing huge mileage you can live with the 15-20 mpg thirst for petrol. series diesels are a slow as a slow thing, unless they've had a heart transplant for a more modern lump such as the 2.5 non-turbo or maybe the perkins prima turbo.

2.1/4 petrol SWB makes a nice runabout though and is fast enough not to be embarrassing in modern traffic.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I'd hazard a guess that the OP meant this kind of thing and fell in to the "It's got to be called a defender" which is slightly less of a sin than asking for a j**p in the same posting.

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

"andrew and claire" wrote

I paid £1200 for my 90 (looks like a Defender) van a couple of years ago with 47,000 genuine miles on the clock and it needed/still needs a bit of work so you would be looking at something old.

Ah! I know, how about a S111 van? :-)

Reply to
Bob Hobden

On or around Fri, 2 Dec 2005 23:39:34 -0000, "Bob Hobden" enlightened us thusly:

wrong year, though, you need a 72 or earlier...

Reply to
Austin Shackles