Disco Sills

Anyone got any idea on cost of replacing inner/outer sills on 3 Door S1, initally only passenger side. Thanks

Tony

Reply to
Tony

Well, the parts are something like.....

STC2814 Outer Sill RH - Disco I - 3-Door £44.65 inc VAT MWC9060 Inner Sill RH - Disco I - 3/5-Door £42.30 inc VAT

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Thanks once more for your rapid response for the parts prices, now all I need to know is who is interested in the work and how much will the labour be.............

Reply to
MrLobby

Funny...... it's all gone quiet. A bit like Gary when I told we have a 110 bum transplant comming in next week!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

beamendsltd uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I wouldn't like to know the labour costs having done this myself on a Rangie classic (same job less a door).

I spent alot of time fabricating parts which I couldn't get like the bottom of A and B pillars.

I had use of a plasma cutter which slashed the time spent both cutting out the old and fabing new bits.

Good luck!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Having done just this a few months ago, I'd say you were looking at 2 days labour. There's a lot of work in doing it properly, and although you just say you need sills, I'd bet my last penny that you need a lot more than sills done. Expect to have to rebuild footwells, lower a/b pillars and a bit of custom fabrication at the back. Your mechanic has to remove seats, belts, wiring, possibly front wing to get access to footwell - loads of stuff.

Getting the sills out is another issue - LeeD spoke of plasma, which may or may not be possible for your mechanic. I'd strongly advise using an air chisel with metal cutting bit to get the old sill out. This rips through the steel quickly and is really very safe as it's not going to damage anything underneath unlike a grinder or plasma.

There's a lot of welding involved in sill installation, and there will invariably be lots of little plates needed. Great care also has to be taken regarding the door gaps and even the front seat base so that everything stays straight. Need some time to paint as well as filling with waxoyl when done....

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie