Defender TD5 - worth a punt?

I'm looking at swapping my Disco 300tdi off roader for a Defender 90 TD5, the one in question is a really nice example of a station wagon on a 1999 V Plate and is a good price at £6250. Only concern is that it has done 125k miles and has no service history. The chap selling seems a decent enough bloke and has done bits to it but I'm a little scared that it could be expensive if things go wrong. ISTR the clutch for these is nearly a thousand quid.

Any advice/thoughts??

Reply to
Andy

Should add that when I say clutch I'm referring to the dual mass flywheel too, although not sure if that has to be swapped with the clutch??

Reply to
Andy

dual mass flywheel can be got for around £200(and not guaranteed to be needed) everything else is around same price and time as earlier defender

Reply to
johnty

Thought youhad a D2 already matey?

Reply to
Nige

I'll get me coat....

Reply to
Nige

LOL!!

You'll never keep up knowing what I have on the drive, it's become a bit of a hobby buying and selling these old machines :-)

Reply to
Andy