Wanted - IIa petrol LWB

I'm looking to buy a LWB Land Rover. Late series2 preferably and must qualify for Historic Vehicle status - it'll not see a lot of use so why pay the full £165 per year?

Economy isn't a problem for the miles I do, reliability and cheapness to maintain is everything so a 2¼ petrol is preferred but any reliable and simple petrol engine would do. I'd consider a V8 if in good condition.

Must be in good structural condition but anything other than total basket cases considered for the right price.

I live near Junction 38 off the M6 (North West England) but I'm prepared to travel for the right vehicle.

Replies either to this newsgroup or snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
PDannyD

One was passed in at a sale at Gulgong (Central West NSW) on Saturday that meets your specifications. 2.25 petrol runs well, no rust but a bit rough round the edges. Only bid was $500 which was less than the reserve. Mind you, probably a bit far to travel.... JD

Reply to
JD

I think we're talking Penrith Cumbria not Penrith Sydney Aus here

:-)

Keep my eyes peeled for you in Lancaster (England)

Eddy

Series 2a 88" Petrol

Reply to
Eddy Bayton

Just a little out of my catchment area. Mind, if I wrote about the drive back to England it'd probably pay for itself.

Reply to
PDannyD

I think you are optimistic about the rates for literary work! JD

Reply to
JD

Nah. Add some love interest, throw in a few wizards and a long-lost king - sorted!

Reply to
PDannyD