Waterproofing engine of TD 110

Gonna get myself a snorkel for the unofficial, what else do I need to do to my

110 of 1990 vintage, it's a TD BTW
Reply to
Nige

my 110 of 1990 vintage, it's

It you're intending spending some time in water, then

DA2270TD Wading Kit - Defender 2.5TD £64.62 inc VAT This has 2 x remote breathers for the gearbox, remote axle breathers and a breather for the timing cover. All pipes are long enough to reachthe top of your snorkel. ERC7295 Wading plug x 2 £0.94 inc VAT

WELLIES! - we don't stock them....... yet!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Nige uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I don't know how long it is since you went to Anglesea but there are now two bridges from the mainland ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

my 110 of 1990 vintage, it's

If you get a safari one, let me know where you get hold of the Rivnut tool to wang the 'blind nuts' in the wing...

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

On or around Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:51:21 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

silly arse.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Richard found a link to some similar to Rivinuts but not Rivinuts thing a short while ago.... Richard any ideas?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I did? er........... I'll have to think about that!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Eblag? 200035413971 or 220038090549

Reply to
EMB

Not used these but had them in my bookmarks.

rivnut tool:

rivnuts:
Neil

Reply to
Neil Wilson

||| Richard found a link to some similar to Rivinuts but not Rivinuts ||| thing a short while ago.... Richard any ideas? || || I did? er........... I'll have to think about that!

Nah, twas this Richard. (There's more than one!) They were called Jacknuts and they came from Primary Fasteners:

Try to speak to Norman if you ring them - nice character, owns a D2 (as do most of the staff there - story available in Google Groups).

Should be strong enough to hold a snorkel, but they aren't the heavy duty things you would hang a side-step off. Still doing a great job of holding my rear door ladder on, despite my xx stone climbing up and down it.

Reply to
Richard Brookman