What would you do?

Takes years of practice- and LR have been at it since 1947!!

Reply to
hugh

in article 40772d14$0$31712$ snipped-for-privacy@lovejoy.zen.co.uk, Steve at snipped-for-privacy@thetaylorfamily.org.uk wrote on 10/4/04 12:09 am:

Didn't think of that.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

LOL ;-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

But on the other hand at least you know they're not selling you a lemon.= They could have just taken your money, gave you the LR and hope that you didn't notice.

I personally would rather wait a week for it than to have it a week and then= have to take it back and still be a week without it.

And lets face it, if you did take it prematurely, sods law says you'll discover the problem 100 miles from home.

Tony.

Tony Boom

Just a quick update. The 2001 90 CSW was delayed in the bodyshop and arrived back at the main dealer this morning and was going into their workshop straight away to have the new flywheel fitted (although it's by no means certain yet that this is the source of the vibration), and that delivery all being well would be tomorrow morning (Thurs). So sort of good news - if the flywheel was the culprit so they wouldn't need to investigate further.

Bad news was that it arrived back from the bodyshop with a broken drivers door lower hinge and that as they didn't have one in stock they had put one on back order. I was then told that they planned to deliver the vehicle with the busted hinge ("the pin has broken but it's ok and still sits nicely in place") but obviously they would put it right once they had one in stock.

Yesterday I had suggested that as they had had my 11 grand since March 29th a token gesture of goodwill in the shape of a towbar would be nice. Today I was told they wouldn't oblige but would let me have a Land Rover umbrella instead

- hmmmmmm. I was also told that I must appreciate that the value of the p/ex (wife's barely 3 year old Volvo V40) had depreciated even further while I had been waiting for them to sort the 90 - of course they didn't say anything about the 90 depreciating in a similar manner.

Shortly after I called them back to say that I no longer wished to proceed with the purchase of this particular vehicle and as a result would like a full refund (they had already agreed that this was an option last week). They said they would dig out the file and see the best way to get me my refund and that they would call me back later today. No call as yet (close of business was 4.5 hours ago).

Reply to
AN6530