ex MOD 90 any recommendations

Hi all - I hope this is the right place top post

Well I have caught the land rover bug and really want to own one!

I have get my sights on an ex MOD 90 soft top I've been through the mags and found a number of ads - all differing prices - but looking quite the same

As I am new to this does anyone have any advice or can recommend somewhere I can buy a good one from?

Many thanks

Reply to
john

I've dealt with the people at the Defender Centre, also known as exmod or agricultural and cross country vehicles. I bought my 110 from them last year.

You've probably all ready seen their ad in a mag, if not then try

They normally have quite a large stock and give a three month warranty on the entire Land Rover.

HTH

Reply to
Simon Barr

I also got my 110 from them and would recommend them.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Everett

On or around Thu, 08 Apr 2004 10:43:54 +0100, john enlightened us thusly:

I bought an ex-military trailer from Witham SV, they seemed an OK bunch.

chap I know bought an ex UN 90, in white, soft top, minus complete drivetrain but with axles. It's now running a 2.8 Daihatsu engine, box and propshafts.

I told him this was sacrilege, but he said the complete donor Daihatsu only cost 50 quid.

However, the gods must have been watching him, as his cunning handbrake arrangement broke, and it ran back down his yard, with minor damage, luckily, and later the clutch cable broke as well :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I got my 90 from the defender centre about 5 years ago. great service , would recommend them to anybody.

Sadly, the 90 is no longer with me, but the bug's still got a hold on my leg :-)

Lets see what the bank manager says.

Reply to
dkn_newsNOSPAMTHX