Which engine oil - 200tdi ?

"beamendsltd" >

In that case the correct product is Ring Free 15w/40 which meets both API CH4 and ACEA E3 [theoretical 45000km oil in truck parlance]

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Association des Constructeurs Européens d?Automobiles

Read all about it:

Despite this coming from the horse's mouth, so to speak, it seems somewhat out of date - no E3 for example.

Reply to
Dougal

E3 is a 1996 specification if I remember correctly and is still current but likely to be superseded by similar but emmisionised specification.

E4 is what I would call an Ultra High Performance Diesel oil or UHPD rather than the now pretty normal SHPD ACEA E3 specification.

E6 oils are UHPD emissionised oils otherwise similar in performance to E4 or E5. E6 is the oil to be used with urea injection or 'Blutec'.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

this weather shorts! Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek,

Do you get it from one of their Car Care Centres, or is through a bigger depot type place?

Cheers,

Gavin.

The large depot on Kingstown Industrial estate in Carlisle handy as I deliver round the corner a couple of times a week. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Now called "Euro3 Plus Ring Free XHD 15W/40", as they also do a

15w/40 fleet oil.

The entire Morris range is on our site with links to their site which give the full specs (.pdf) - so next time you need some oil for your Sentinel Steam Wagon..... ;-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

You can still get straight Ring Free for your non emmisionised or pre-EuroIII engine. I know because we get it by pallet loads at a time, as you probably do.

Until recently my company [not actually 'mine'] was the Uk's biggest stockist of Morris oil. Now our oil supply is split between it and another brand for which we are main franchise dealers for their equipment over the greater part of mid and south Wales.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

On or around Sat, 22 Jul 2006 09:15:32 +0100, "Huw" enlightened us thusly:

Where, and who? (by email if you prefer). there are some oils I find tricky to get hold of, like decent 20W50 (without paying silkolene or suchlike).

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Derek,

I think they've a depot in Oldham. Do you just turn up on spec ?

Gavin.

Reply to
Embo

yes they have a trade counter in Calisle always plenty instock, plenty of other gear too I bought a pack of brake pipe ends pack of 10 cost about the same as 2 in Halfrauds blister pack but remember for fixings and small items the packs are bigger than retail makes sense really Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek,

Cheers for that, think I might put together a shopping list and pop over to the Oldham branch !

Gavin.

Reply to
Embo