which tank unit

Hi All

Just a quicky got a problem with the tank sender unit on my 1984 110 retro tdi station wagen with lo fuel warning light (gauge reads half full when empty but if you take the unit out and wire it up all works fine the tank has been replaced (not by me) ) so I am trying to find which tank unit I require padocks list several but non for a diesel with low fuel warning light do these exist or did my motor used to be a petrol?

Thanks in advance

Icky

Reply to
icky

Request for clarification: "if you take the unit out and wire it up"

If you're taking the sender unit out and it gives plausible gauge readings it may be a wiring fault that's cleared by a change in how the wire is arranged. Clean the contacts, check the earthing.

Reply to
David G. Bell

have you checked the actual wire fitted in the landy too? incase that is broken or damaged somewhere?

Reply to
Tom Woods

The low fuel light was optional on petrol motors up to JA915411, from then on and for all diesels the light is "compulsory" - PRC8463 should do the trick.

PRC8463 Fuel Tank Sender Unit - Defender 110 Diesel to JA915357 £22.32 inc VAT

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Does that include new seal and ring and postage :-)

If it does I will ave it

Cheers Icky

Reply to
icky

Yes, And postage??!!! Oh, all right then....... as a one-off!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Top man, shall I ring in the morro or would you prefere me to order on line?

Icky

Reply to
icky