Who are www.offroadroutes.net?

Just found this website:

The routes look interesting and well planned. But there is a fee payable for the information.

Did any if members of the group used the website? How good are the routes? Will I be getting good value for my money, or am I better off finding the routes using some other means?

Thank you Lev

Reply to
Lev

The site admits that post-NERC, "many of our routes are now out of date and there is considerable risk of driving any of the routes."

I'd hang on to your money!

Reply to
Dougal

On 18 Dec 2006 12:53:51 -0800, "Lev" scribbled the following nonsense:

Julian Poulter, ex Finance Director of GLASS, recently stated he had little time for laning because his other businesses had taken off.

Basically, you can submit a GPS track to them and recieve a token sum, also you can buy routes off them.

Join a group like GLASS and their area reps will help you anyway, and you you wont be out alone....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Its free info. Fuck any bastard tryin to charge peeps for it. And, since you 'found' your OWN website, f*ck you too. That cover it?

Reply to
Nullified

On or around Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:08:29 GMT, Nullified enlightened us thusly:

rather concisely. However, notwithstanding that the info is free at source, that source is a variety of council offices. people that take the time and effort to assemble ACCURATE, UP-TO-DATE info about routes deserve to recoup something for the effort IMHO.

Mind you... the infamous Brynglas trail, now I believe permanently closed, was misreported by GLASS reps to a couple of types I met the other weekend. They asked one or another rep if there were any recent closures.

I led 'em on a jaunt though the forestry instead (I met 'em 'cos I was fixing the water flow in the ford I have to drive through every day).

Decent blokes, took the trouble to find out and talk nicely to the locals, rather then just charging in. Tdi rangie and a 110 IIRC from oop north somewhere I think, if yer lurking say hello, I'm the bloke with the purple

109.
Reply to
Austin Shackles