Why am i tempted to mount one of these on the 101? :) (youtube vid)

I've just about got the reversing camera sorted.. Now im tempted to fit a ground camera too! I'm not sure what i would look at with it but it would be fun!

Reply to
Tom Woods

The rate im going, it would be torn off, then i;d probably run it over without knowing!

Bet they are not cheap!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

bung a cheap usb webcam under and attach to your laptop pity about not panning tho'

Derek

Reply to
Derek

i could cope without the panning ability! (i can look under and reorient it with a stick or even attach it on a big stick stuck down through my gearbox hatch!) An exterior security cam would do the job and could go on the same screen as my reversing cam does.

Reply to
Tom Woods

You'd need a waterproof housing though. Very waterproof. We don't do sandy tracks like the example very often.

nigelH

Reply to
Nigel Hewitt

I did see one camera waterproofed to 10 feet I suppose in normal circimstances that would be enough but a lump of water hitting same at

30+mph I think might just find a gap. Derek
Reply to
Derek

According to the blurb ... my venture cam can be driven over and is waterproof ..... however, as I am on my third one 'cos they don't hold the charge for long, the point is moot :)

However when it IS working it's very useful - the mount allows it to be stuck almost anywhere on the vehicle. Makes for some amusing footage when driving to work It's funny the reactons you get when coming up behind something with an obvious camera on the bonnet and the "evil predator" lights on as well (3 orange lights either side of the lens - in a triangle configuration - just like the Predator targetting system!) .... all controllable from the dash ... so you can sneak up and target 'em

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Had to google for it, but Top Toy.

Can you record the images (stills / video)?

David

Reply to
rads

r> Can you record the images (stills / video)?

The vehicle can't, but it's a wireless cam - so the laptop can ;-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee