Window rubber

Are the window rubbers around the alpine lights and rear side windows in a DiscoII replacable without removing the windows? I believe the windows are glued in with some sort of Sikaflex product. The rubbers are starting to break down and will need doing at some stage in the not too distance future.

Steve W (in Aus)

Reply to
Steve/Aus

There is no rubber listed (from memory) - just an "adhesive kit", which in all reality your friendly local glass bloke has in a tube for much cheaper than Land Rover's little box of glue.

-Craig.

Reply to
Craig

Just had a look at mine, there is a rubber there but it looks to be bonded/moulded to the glass. Suggest the OP takes a close look at the top forward corner of the rear side window, I can't see a join between the rubber and the glass only between the rubber and body work.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice