Now we know eBay can be expensive............

.......But -

Nearly died until I read the auction!!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

hhhmmmmm.....surely a V8 needs at least 16 valves .... 2 per piston , , , methinks he might have a spot of bother starting it with only 8.

Reply to
Smurf

V8 2 stroke with inlet valves and exhaust ports?

P.

Running away from the scary concep

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Detriot Diesel? Will sound nice anyway!

Reply to
SimonJ

In message , Paul S. Brown writes

You mean similar the old 'Roots' complete with blower?

Reply to
Graham Jones

I dunno, but a 3.5V8 with a supercharger sounds like a nice idea.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:02:33 +0000 (UTC), "SimonJ" enlightened us thusly:

why stop there, why not fit a deltic?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

My office is just adjacent to the railway at Keighley & we get a good few deltics through every day - make a fuckload of noise!!!!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

ooooh eeerrr local or what ? I live on the moors overlooking Bingley.

Reply to
Smurf

In article , Austin Shackles writes

And set up to push from the back all the way, so that the train doesn't come unglued in the middle...

Nice anorak, BTW.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

NOW you're talking! Two Napier "Deltic" 18 cylinder 18-25 engines, each producing 1650bhp @1500rpm!! God knows what the torque is, never seen it quoted. The number would be so large it'd be incomprehensible, I'd imagine! Something vaguely on topic.... ermmm......ahhh..... yep, wonder what gearbox and halfshafts would fit a 110 that could handle the torque.......

Badger. Anorak on back-order.

Reply to
Badger

deltics through every day -

& even as far as the lower

good few each way every day.

thunder by! Just as you think

Wasn't there a later class of engine that looked the same as a deltic

- the same shape, anyway, but ran an ordinary diesel? I can't remember which class as I'm not an anorak and I can't find my book at the moment

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Sure are Austin, they are deffo deltics!!!

That's the ones, they set off (oddly enough) Land Rover car alarm in the car park next door. I'll take a snap of one, they pas about twice a day!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

I actually live in Thackley, I work in Keighley!

Reply to
Nige

On or around Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:30:33 GMT, SpamTrapSeeSig enlightened us thusly:

nice little air museum up at Caernarfon airport (ex bomber station) wherein a snapped a picture of (IIRC) a Bristol Hercules, 14-cylinder double-bank radial, anyway, about 6ft diameter...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I pass Thackley everyday (twice) , I work in Bramley

Reply to
Smurf

There is a nice animation of the cranks, rods and pistons in the Deltic here

What an amazing design!

Reply to
Simon Barr