you Brits are f***ed

It's old, 'cos a) mine is still there and b) it's all ally, no paint. At least 2 years old, prolly more like three.

There's also a small playhouse missing (visible from Jupiter) which went up for Charlotte early last year.

We are using it for househunting - very useful in eliminating houses with too-small gardens. We went to see one yesterday to find a double garage where Google Earth showed a garden!

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

You could try polishing the top to a mirror finish, that would fool them into thinking you are merely a moving patch of water :)

Solar panels might do the trick.

Reply to
Larry

Mine has got chequer plate on the roof now, so it might dazzle them if its a sunny day. It had the roof cross on the top (and stuck open) when the google picture was taken - its just a shame the tree was in the way!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Kin eck - yeah, see what you mean!

No hammock in the garden either :-)

I've found that the areas where I'm looking for property are just too low resolution to make any sense, sadly :-(

Reply to
Mother

Your home on Google Earth is in very low res. Do you keep the 101 elsewhere?

Reply to
Mother

I have some chequer plate on the roof, to stand on, but also a roof box, I suppose that makes it as obvios as the wall of China now.

I suppose an ultra powerful laser that locks onto the satelite when it finds me is just a little bit to James Bond.

Reply to
Larry

You think mine is low res - have you looked at Lee's? You can almost see his back garden but then he's on the edge of a picture tile and his road (and Morph) is made up of one big green pixel!

We think that the big picture tile that i live in is different quality to the surroundings (like Lee's) because of the new M6 toll they want to build up it...

I've lived in 3 different places since i got the 101, and the pic is around 3 years old so i think you want the address that i first joined the club with which is a crewe one. On the opposite side of the road to the big sandpit, and the northern end of it. Theres a white blob in the garden which is the caravan that is donating its fittings. Slightly west of that is another blob with a brown end and a white end which may be the 101 with the roof cross open. Or its a car/landrover and the 101 is under a tree.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Kent? Colleague was looking for his house yesterday, and it's very fuzzy indeed.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 22:21:25 +0000, Tim Hobbs scribbled the following nonsense:

it isn't in its correct place theough, they haven't done lincolnshire in enough detail to see it at mine!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Start a map: Google Maps Guestmap -

initialise:

William Tasso

tried again - it's now burst into life for no apparent reason.

groovy - can clearly see the 110 out front - must have been a fettling day, both off-side doors open.

Reply to
William Tasso

Yeah - a thieves guide... :-(

Reply to
Mother

hear ya - thought occured just after posting.

I suspect that with a bit of deliberatly fuzzy data, a general plan of loacations could be achieved at resolutions useful enough to plan a meet, but useless for pin-point targetting.

Reply to
William Tasso

I've been thinking about doing a basic demographics map for some time. Too much jbex and too few tuits, mind...

Reply to
Mother