Re: MK5 Golfs

Imagine what a Lupo/A2 interior is like :(

Then take it to the next level of pikeyness and look at a Fox interior....

Reply to
SteveH

And you should in the SE, its hardly a Jaguar interior is it? Just another poverty spec repmobile.

Reply to
Steve Firth

If you want a nice looking interior don't go for a VW.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Unless you buy an XJ or XK series Jag, you get a Ford interior with added fake wood.

The B6 is actually a very nice place to sit. Infinitely preferable to an S-type.

Reply to
SteveH

I said Jaguar, not Ford.

Reply to
Steve Firth

So, what you're saying is that a £50k car has a nicer interior than a £19k car?

Fancy telling us something we didn't know?

FWIW, if you're not into olde-worlde interiors, the A8 and Phaeton are much nicer places to sit than an XJ......

Reply to
SteveH

Nothing wrong with VW interiors, infact I think German cars have the best ones, although the VW one is not as nice as an Audi, but then you pay less for the car, a Passat is still nicer inside than its Ford or Vauxhall counterpart, I am awaiting the new mondeo though so will reserve my judgement till then :)

Reply to
Ronny

Interiors don't get much better than that, imo of course

Jag interiors hmmm

Ronny

The biggest problem with a modern Jag interior is that they're so strapped for cash they have no option but to try and make modern Ford parts-bin components work in a traditional dash.

It ends up looking very wrong.

Even Alfa manage to make interiors that look bespoke to the particular car. I know some bits are shared with Fiat, but they manage to hide it very well.

Reply to
SteveH

No no its all about the cloned recaro look.

Reply to
Matt

VW have lovely interiors.

Reply to
Matt

In news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com, Matt wittered on forthwith;

They are nice enough when they work but they don't seem very good and working for very long.

Reply to
Pete M

Have you driven either car? I've driven both the S8 and a Phaeton. Although they photograph well, the interiors are crap. They are not made of the materials they appear to be made of, chrome is not chrome but plastic, wood is not wood but "nearly woodlike synthetic plastic lookalike" and those acres of grey are simply naff, cheap vinyl cloth or worse textured plastic mouldings.

The S8 seats are possibly the worst I have ever encountered. No support, flat, shiny. You need a four point harness just to stay on the seat in the corners.

You obviously have a problem recognising workmanship. That Jaguar interior features real wood, handcrafted and polished to perfection. The trim is figured and matched throughout. It will last for decades with little sign of wear.

The VW is nailed together from shit.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Oh well that rules out your opinion on virtually everything then.

Reply to
Steve Firth

"Pete M" wrote in message news:f59m61$jk9$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Brother in law has one and has not had many problems with it. Always has good to say about it. But I guess we can all get a dud motor out of a good batch every now and again.

Reply to
Matt

Bwhahahahahaahahahahahahaah.

Oh, you were serious.

Reply to
Steve Firth

ITYM 'polished to the point it looks like plastic'.

Still, at least the interior will last for decades whilst the rest of the car falls apart around it.

Reply to
SteveH

In news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com, Matt wittered on forthwith;

I suspect he's got a good motor out of a dud batch...

Reply to
Pete M

Of course I was otherwise I would have been obliged to add a LOL at the end of my post.

Reply to
Matt

"Pete M" wrote in message news:f59n71$mec$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

...grins