Latest threads in Land Rover 4WD vehiclesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ex MOD 110 V8
I had a chap knock on the door and ask if I'd sell my 1989 110 V8 with lpg conversion. It's a bit of a work horse with dents and such and some tin moth around the bulkhead but has been remarkably...
3
3

Bonnet styles..
I have a Series 111 and it has a 'thin' bonnet, as opposed to the 'fat' bonnet usually seen on Series 111. Has it been changed, or is there another criteria used to fit one or the other? (By 'thin' I...
3
3

Mudflaps
1986 90. Finally got a few bits for the Landy. A new temperature transponder, a new wash/wipe switch, and some new mudflaps, just the rubber bits. Fitted the first two without too much trouble but for...
2
2

Defender Concept Car
Had a brochure/magazine from LR yesterday. Amongst all the "lifestyle" shit was the Defender replacement concept car. Two versions. One looked like a squared off Freelander with a winch stuck on the...
1
1

disco 2 ABS unit
got a fluid leak, apparently from underside of the ABS unit... is there are common point-of-failure, any future in taking it off/apart or is it non-fixable? Seems to work still - only indication was...
1
1

Disco 1 poor brake problem solved after 4 years or more!
Hi all I've had my Disco 1 about 4 years and one of my bugbears has been the poor brakes which have frightened me on a number of occasions where I've nearly pushed the back out of my seat trying to...
1
1

OT F******* Jap Crap
Wife bought new Jap car in Sept. Only done 163 miles and power steering motor has failed. Of course none in stock so another journey necessary next week to get it fixed when part arrives. At least my...
2
2

fc 110 bonnet
It looks like the red bonnet from a 2b 110" forward control has blown off whilst on transport between Leighton Buzzard and Hampshire. I doubt it will be found so if anyone knows where a replacement...

I'm getting a bit teed Off
I'm getting a bit teed Off My TDI 300 seems to like getting through bearings on the water pump and alternator ( 5 pumps and 4 alternators in the last 60k ( 3 years ) It has been suggested that the...
2
2

What noise like blown exhaust in RRC 3.9V8 could be related to cylinder # 8?
The old beast has started making a new death-rattle. What started as the sound of a possible exhaust-blow - barely audible at tickover and quite loud on power - seems to be something different...
11
11

Repsol Honda new painjob..
What the fuck? A six year old could have done better, bloody hell.
3
3

New Defender
First official pictures have now been released and Landrover are asking for constructive comments on this design mule. first problem is that the Defender hasn't changed design wise since the early...
16
16

What's With NFU?
Used to be the insurer of choice for LR owners. My renewal hiked my premium to over £750 for Defender - LV= (Liverpool Victoria) less than half that. Similar story with my motorhome NFU £450, Axa...
19
19

Wheel Alignment Disco II Td5
I have just noticed on the wheel alignment paper work I received when I pick up my Disco II Td5 that they used the settings for the earlier Disco I. Is there a difference between models and should I...

RM Overdrives.
OK... What does the assembled collective know about RockyMountain Overdrives (for Defenders etc?) Any reliability issues, known problems to watch for etc etc... Intended fitting, the 109/110 hybrid,...
2
2