'04 LX-470...How much over dealer cost?

I'm buying an '04 LX-470 in Florida. The dealer cost is $56,307 and the sticker is $66,300. What do you think is a fair profit over the $56.3K dealer cost for this car?

Reply to
captinnnnnn
2.5K
Reply to
Cyberspace Raider

I'd offer $1.5K over and go from there. And not worry if its fair or not. If they agree to sell and you agree to buy, it's fair by definition.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

If I got it for $1.5K over cost, I think i'd be doing well. The MSRP on a loaded '04 LX-470 is $68K. The dealer cost is $59K. Fleetrates.com offered to get it for $63.9K (almost $5K over dealers cost!!!) saying "it's a hard to get car". S. FLA. car salesmen won't even give me a straight answer when I ask them to quote me their best price based on a fair profit over their cost ? and they wonder why they have the reputation. $5K over cost sounds outrageous.

Reply to
captinnnnnn

If I got it for $1.5K over cost, I think i'd be doing well. The MSRP on a loaded '04 LX-470 is $68K. The dealer cost is $59K. Fleetrates.com offered to get it for $63.9K (almost $5K over dealers cost!!!) saying "it's a hard to get car". S. FLA. car salesmen won't even give me a straight answer when I ask them to quote me their best price based on a fair profit over their cost ? and they wonder why they have the reputation. $5K over cost sounds outrageous.

Reply to
captinnnnnn

The price is based strictly on supply/demand, not what is "fair". They're going to charge what the market will bear and you're going to pay the smallest you can. Fairness never enters into it.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

Reply to
Tigger

An IS-300 for a sixteen year old? You're out of your cotton pickin' yuppie mind. Ask the Lexus people to reset the speed governor down to

80 mph and the rev limiter to 3,500 max.
Reply to
Philip®

Reply to
New Owner