1995 Lexus ES300 repair manual

Hi. I need a repair manual for a 1995 Lexus. Can I use

the Haynes manual for a 1995 V6 Avalon? I don't need the

factory manual for what I want to do. Oil changes, change

the valve cover gasket for the V6 etc. That's it.

Thanks...

Reply to
Peter Parker

A Camry manual would probably be closer since both of these models are based

on the same platform and engines to a large degree.

Doug

Reply to
-

That's what I mean't, Camry. :) Thanks.

I'm going to go to the library today and see if they are available there.

Reply to
Peter Parker

Yes. I bought mine at a Pep Boys. You can also find them at the major

books stores or online. The problem is that they don't seem to be releasing

them for the more recent models. I don't know if they have even released

one for 1995 models. I am guessing the proprietary and knock off CDs are

eating up the market share. You see lots of these on Ebay but there are a

lot of bad versions and rip offs out there.

Doug

Reply to
-

Where's the best place to pick up a Haynes or Chilton manual? Do any of the

big chain auto parts stores stock them or special order them?

V.H.

Reply to
V.H.

Could be. I just bought the 1995 Camry Haynes to use on the Lexus. The

motor info and tranny appears to be exact. The brake system too or close

enough.

Reply to
Peter Parker

Just an FYI.

I'm no mechanic, but I know the parts are different though the major

drive components may be the same. For example, the spark plug wires

for a Camry are different (e.g., cheaper) than the ones for an ES300.

The fact that I chose to use Camry wires in my ES300 may explain why

I get more ignition noise through the radio than I used to.

Reply to
RR

And how does what you say relate to what he said? He's saying that buying

another repair manual for the Lexus is unnecessary since the major

components are the same. As far as what you need, just compare the part

numbers and if they match, they are the same.

Reply to
Roger