2000 Lexus ES300 - needs new driver-side headlight - please help

It's hard to say. I've never had the $10 lamps, so I don't know how much better the $25 lamps are. The $25 lamps are very nice ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I was just checking online/amazon to get an idea of pricing. The Wal-Mart that I visited stocked the standard SilverStar (not Ultra). The Target that I went to didn't have anything close. Then, I later found out by taking the bad headlamp out that it was actually an HID (not halogen) headlamp, which Kragen wanted to charge over $120 for "one". Ouch! At that price, I don't think I will be getting a pair.

Reply to
Anna

The HID bulbs have a metal tab or band running down the side. $120 for 1 HID bulb is a good price. HID bulbs last a long time, so I would not recommend replacing one that is working or keeping one in stock.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks, luckily, I found much better pricing online.

Reply to
Anna