2001 LS430

I just purchased a 2001 LS430 with 34000 miles on it, delivered 5/01 which is still in warranty until 5/05. The battery appears OK but did turn over slow after having the key turned on for about 10 minutes playing with the nav system without the motor running. Has anybody had any problems with battery I think orginal? Any other thing I should be concerned with waranty running out in 3 months? Any recommendations for extened warranty befire the orginal runs out? Thanks

Reply to
maxwell18

Batteries last 3 to 5 years. No matter how well you treat them. Yours is going on 5 years, buy a new one.

Reply to
Masterson

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 08:16:44 -0500, "maxwell18" graced this newsgroup with:

if ti's the OEM battery, you're on the virtual edge of it's lifespan. And, if you're in a colder climate area, it's going to take a lot more work for the engine to turn over.

Get an Odyssey battery and be done with it.

Reply to
bounce