2001 RX300 Stalling on startup

I have a 2001 RX300 that sometimes is having problem starting. When I press the gas, everything looks fine, but once I release the gas, the rpm drops really low and the car stalls.

I'm planning to take the car to the dealer, but I don't want to believe everything the dealer says. So if you can offer some suggestion on what the problem might be, that will help me a lot. Thanks.

Reply to
Yong

Sounds like throttle body position sensor. It is very common problem with drive-by-wire systems.

Reply to
mike

I should know better -- but I thought the 330 was the first with DBW.

Reply to
twaugh5

Reply to
Stephen Keown

Cleaning the throttle body is quite common....we also have a 1988 Camry and I have cleaned it a few times.

BTW, we had a similar problem with our 1999 ES300. It would start fine (after sitting overnight) and then, as soon as you put it in gear, it would die.

I cleaned the Idle Air Controller and ran a bottle of Techron through the fuel system and all is well since.

-

-- Curtis Newton snipped-for-privacy@remove-me.akaMail.com

ICQ: 4899169

Reply to