New speakers for Lexus LX470?

I have a 2001 Lexus LX470 with the Mark Levinson package. The stereo sounds "OK", but I really like have the 6 CD changer in the HU. What I was thinking of doing was switching out just the speakers and leaving the factory HU and Amp, and see what that gets me for improvements.

There are 6.5 components up front (3 way) and 6.5 coaxs in the rear doors. I'm looking for recommendations on speakers, knowing that the factory amp probably doesn't have alot of power. I looked on line at the focal and dynaudio components and both appear to need alot of power to drive them. A/D/S doesn't seem so thirsty, but I've heard from other people that they are. What about the Infinity's? Also, should I get 3 ways or just replace the tweeter and woofer in the door?

If anyone has ever just switched out the speakers and are pretty happy with what they have, please let me know!

Thanks in advance,

Will

Reply to
Willard Lee