2002 GS 430 seems a bit sluggish

Having previously owned a 1998 GS400, my 2002 GS430 seems sluggish in comparison. The 4.3 liter engine has more torque. Did Lexus change the gear ratios in the tranny to squeeze more mpg's? My GS 400 was quick, and seemed always in the right gear. The 430 seems always in the highest gear and not "connected" like my 400, even with the ECT on "power." It seemed the GS 400 was alot more responsive. I really need to dig deep into the go pedal of the GS 430 to make things happen, whereas my GS 400 seemed easy to make go fast. Makes me wish I kept the old car! What happened, any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
vchxxx

Maybe disconnect the battery to make it relearn your driving habits and shifting patterns

Reply to
Max

The Lexus engineers have made a decision that we are all paying for now. They opted for fuel economy in the onboard computer over performance. The ES series has a widely reported problem of hesitation. Based on my very negative experience with the lag in the ES300, I don't plan on buying another Lexus vehicle. I imagine Lexus won't see enough of a revenue loss with dissatisfied customers, as most of their customers are likely not aggressive drivers. Lacking that pressure, I doubt Lexus will alter what I consider to be a defective solution.

Reply to
Steve Larson