2005 ES330 --- Does Anyone Else Have this Problem?

Two weeks ago the remote locking feature has started to occasionally not work whenever the Lock button is pushed on the key fob. In order to get the car to lock, I have to get back in, restart the car, turn it off, remove the key again, shut the door, then push the fob Lock button.

Of course, I just took it to the dealer Saturday March 19 for the 5k mile inspection, told the service dept about the problem, and naturally, the problem wouldn't show up for them. We went out last night and the problem showed up again.

Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone who's had this problem been able to get it fixed? If so, what was the problem?

So far, it's a great car. I just hope this isn't one of those phantom (intermittent) problems that'll never be solvable.

Thanks!

Reply to
Mike Piacente

Get the home phone or cell phone number of the service manager, and next time the problem occurs have him/her meet you to see it for him/herself. Or maybe have the car towed on a flat bed to the dealer. Lexus should be happy to pick up the tab.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

You paid more for a Lexus, you get screwed on service prices, I would demand that they change out the alarm. I don't think you'll have to get nasty with them, just insist that they do it. If it was me, and it happened just one more time, I would have it back into them, and I would insist they replace the alarm.

Reply to
Steve Larson

problem been

phantom

My 2002 ES300 has a similar problem. Sometimes the trunk won't open. If I put the key back in the ignition and restart and then turn the engine off, the trunk opener works.

I've had more trouble with this car than I've had all together with three Toyota's and a Honda.

Oh well. I'll vote with my feet.

Walter

Reply to
welersch

So far so good on the remote control. However, On my 2005 ES330, with 3000 miles on it, the wipers will not move to their parked position. They work ok , they just won't move to their parked recessed position. Anyone else???

Reply to
wasson

Did you check if your wipers are in "clean" position? If so, just push them down to their recessed position. See your owners manual for details.

Reply to
ixat

wasson wrote on 3/26/2005 9:21 AM:

Your wipers are in the snow position.