Adaptive transmission

Is this the problem transmisson in the ES330? I went car shopping yesterday for a few sedans and what I looked at was the IS350, Toyota Avalon and the Buick LuCerne. Does anyone know if the ES330 tranny is the same as in the Avalon?

I know a lot of people think Lexus missed the mark with the IS but that 350 does go fairly well and the handling/brakes were great.

Reply to
Jim Tiberio

The IS350 does NOT go "fairly well". It has it's problems handling-wise vs. a 3-Series, but it accelerates like a bat out of hell. It is very seriously quick. Car & Driver got low 5's out of one for 0-60. That is M3 territory and much quicker than any other 3-Series. An IS350 will leave any of the other cars you mention for dead in a straight line.

The Avalon is Camry based like the ES, so it is highly likely the transmission is shared.

Reply to
GLitwinski

Look at the door jamb sticker there is an engine/trans code. See if it matches the Avalon. I suspect no, but I haven't personally checked.

Reply to
Bo Yancey