Best Rated threads in Lexus Automobilesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ES-350 front end "overhang"
My wife's new ES-350 seems to have an abnormally long and low overhand. This causes the underside to scrape a curb as the car is curved accurately into a parallel parking spot. I say "abnormally long...
10
10

need advice for removing ls400 front seats for cleaning
hello, I have a 1992 ls400 and would like to remove front seats so I can do a very good leather cleaning. I see some covers on the bolts that put the seat rails to the floor. I've tried to remove the...
4
4

2000 RX300 Check Engine light on after Battery Replacement
Hi Folks: 2000 RX300, 68K miles, 2WD. Has been maintained regularly .. regular oil changes, 60K mile svc, timing belt also replaced about 6 months back. Car is mainly used as a soccer mom car, that is...
7
7

Navigation units in 2004 Lexus RX330
I'm considering purchasing a 2004 Lexus RX330 and am wondering how good the navigation systems were way back in 2004. Is the navigation system in 2004 Lexus at least decent? How does it compare to...
11
11

LS430 18 vs 17 tire noise
I just got an 06 LS430, with 18in wheels. I wanted 17" wheels, but they were nowhere to be found. The noise level in the car is fine when travelling on clean roads, but it is higher than I like on...
6
6

Where is AC Coolant service port on '96 LS400 ?
Does any9one lnow where the low side AC service port is on the 96 LS400? I've found the high side service port but cannot locate the low side (the side where you add refrigerant). I thought I looked...
10
10

ES300/330 Laggy Transmission: Possibility of Class Action Lawsuit?
After a couple close calls this weekend due to the half second to 2 second lag during acceleration in my 2003 ES300, I'm fed up. I am seriously concerned that at some point, I will inadvertantly cause...
10
10

Update: Diag code 25 91 LS400
I am now the proud owner of the service manuals! I can't remember who told me about the waterlogged fuel filter causing a code 25 but....THANK YOU! While reading the manual (Yes...reading) I...
6
6

Brake light warning on 99 SC300
My brake warning light (on the dash) is on, but the parking brake is off, and the fluid level is 70% full. The light is on when the car is cold, and when I make left turns.. Any ideas?
5
5

Re: A 4000 mile road trip in my '03 LS430
While I agree with most comments about the LS430 I certainly take exception to the NAV system remarks. Other than southern CA or other very major centers there is no route guidance and even in Phoenix...
2
2

Hood Won't Close 1998 GS 300
I'm not sure if the cable leading from the lock isn't placed properly. I try to close the hood.. the lock won't catch... what I find interesting is when I lock the doors w/ the remote on the key, the...
10
10

2004 LS430 with no compass ?
Well, after playing with all the new features on my (new to me) 04 LS430, I started explaining them all to my wife. She took the car out today, and when she returned she asked me where the compass is....
8
8

91 ls400 hard to start after sitting overnight?
Hello, The car takes about 10 seconds of cranking to start in the morning? After that it will start up instantly everytime even if it sits for 4 hours I will come back and it starts in 2 seconds? I...
8
8

RX 300 Driveshaft hanger bearing
Does anyone know of a source or repair service for this? My local fix-it guy says he checked and its only available from Toyota as a full replacement driveshaft assembly.... $800 ... Ouch !! Anyone...
4
4

Wind Noise RX 330
We have a new 05 RX330. I notice there is a lot of wind noise from 55 mph on up, particularly on the freeway. Dealer says this is normal, and it probably is. Anyone else notice this "problem" and if...
6
6

Trouble code: P1705
Daughter's 95 ES300 with less than 60K miles has recently set trouble code P1705. Some web searching indicates code is related to a transmission direct clutch sensor. The car has no performance...
4
4

03 RX300 "Gurgling Noise"
Recently, a noise that I might best describe as a "gurgling noise" has been coming from the center console of my RX300. The noise is intermittent, however. When I had the RX serviced by my Toyota...
19
19

RX330 Recommended fuel?
I'm going to take delivery of an RX330 soon. I've noticed in the spec sheets that Lexus recommends 91 octane. Any owners out there run with lower octane? I've always been told that 91 octane was...
8
8

Lexus hierarchy
Is this the current Lexus hierarchy? LS GX SC GS RX ES I'd like to see if there is a correlation between service levels at Lexus Dealerships and where one stands in the Lexus hierarchy. (I'm just a...
12
12

Inside front tire wear on '02 IS300
I am in the process of replacing the tires on my '02 IS300 for the first time. The front tires are worn quite a bit more on the inside than they are in the center and outside surfaces. If it weren't...
6
6